Monday, March 21, 2011

Readers Respond: Cytosorbents Corporation (CTSO), When Can We Expect Results?

"Readers Respond" is a forum where VFC interacts with the readers of VFC's Stock House.  Readers can leave comments on posted material at either of the blog sites, through Seeking Alpha or via email, vfc@vfcsstockhouse.com.  All stock opinions, tips and questions are welcomed, whether agreeable with VFC's opinions or not.  Thanks for the comments, because without interaction - this wouldn't be fun.

optionsXpress

A comment posted to VFC's Stock House regarding Cytosorbents Corp:

Hi Vinny,

Regarding CTSO, how long do you think it can take before they announce, one way or the other, the results of the trials? could it be april, may?

appreciate

VFC's Take:  Also see:  Short term prospects for Cytosorbents, Cytosorbents Stockpiling Cash, and CTSO Price Targets.

To answer the question quickly, I don't know when results should be expected.  It very well could be April and it very well could be May.

The only thing that we do know, is that if the pace of enrollment over the past few months was in line with the latest update from the company regarding the pace, then the trial should be winding down as I type.

That said, until we hear from the company, then we can only guesstimate as to when the trial will complete and the results will be announced.

I'm playing this one cautiously.  As I've mentioned before when asked, my gut is telling me that results will be good enough to justify continuing investigating CytoSorb as a treatment for severe sepsis, but not quite good enough to pass muster for approval.

That said, the risk/reward factor here is so favorable - because positive results will lead to a significant spike, in my opinion - that I'm willing to add shares if we dip too much closer to the ten cent mark.

I'm not too concerned about the recent price slide, as the volume doesn't tell me that it's related to the trial results, but the longer we wait for those results, the more antsy investors will become.

Anyone placing bets on CTSO are already in, I would tend to believe, so it's a waiting game now.

Disclosure:  Long CTSO.


Free Domain With Dotster Web Hosting.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    If the trial is successful and if this device does get the mark of approval they hope to get does your gut give you an idea of what the pps might rise to? I have heard anywhere from 1.00 to over 30.00.
    appreciate your viewpoint
    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email